Re: [OM] Tripod question

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod question
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:40:33 EDT
Hope I'm not too late chiming in on this one.

I've got a Bogen 3221 leg set (black version of the 3021) with their older
large ball head (can't recall the model number on it just now). The legs are
great, and the head is adequate, but not the best. I'm 5'9", and can look
through the viewfinder without bending over and with no center column
extension. The Bogen leg set is frequently mentioned by pro writers as a good
second choice if you're not going to buy Gitzos. B&H sells the 3021 legs for
about $100, and the black version is a few dollars more. Bogen also makes
this leg set in green, but I think you have to buy it with one specific head.
You can get the black or chrome version without a head or with any of theirs
to mount on it, or you can mount another brand head (Arca, etc.).

HTH,
Greg