RE: [OM] Flash sync question

Subject: RE: [OM] Flash sync question
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:25:18 -0700
Brian Wrote:
<Re-reading your post- are you positive your  flash shutter speeds are
1/90?
Maybe you're looking at the dial upside down! (:>)  Seriously, I'm
pretty
sure you have shutter speed that sync at 1/60 for flash.  Don't think
the
shutter would be fully open at both ends for 1/90.>

    Brian, what I am referring to is the leading and trailing curtain
speeds independent of the total shutter speed.  This was determined
experimentally by using my home made shutter speed tester.  The
resulting data was then reviewed to see if it made sense.
   To me, to be sure the frame is clear, it makes sense that the
individual curtains must travel faster than the highest sync speed.
Both my OM's expose slides to my satisfaction (not a tough requirement)
and and agree remarkably well with each other.  I have not had either
camera checked professionally so there is no traceability to reality,
but it seems close.
Sorry for the confusion.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California