[OM] 50/3.5 and E100VS

Subject: [OM] 50/3.5 and E100VS
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:00:08 -0500 (CDT)
I recently bought a 50/3.5 from a list member, loaded up a roll of
E-100 VS, and headed to the fields for an hour of cotton blooms, milo
heads, and whatever weeds might look interesting at 1:2.

Holy Moly! Not only is the 50/3.5 arguably the sharpest lens in my
collection (stiff competition with the 21/3.5, 50/1.8, and Tokina
300/2.8), but that lens together with 100VS (I like the colors - no
polarizer necessary) gives remarkable results for plant detail. I'll
likely submit one of the shots to Bokeh Tope (sounds like a bluegrass
standard) for comments.

One thing I learned, however, and learned quick: Shooting macro,
there is no such thing as a quiet day. I was amazed at how breezes I
couldn't feel on my skin would give me enough vibration to keep me
from shooting,

BBB
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx