Re: [OM] Kentucky for Lex

Subject: Re: [OM] Kentucky for Lex
From: "Gregg" <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:31:37 -0400
Hi Mike,

Welcome.  I just returned from the wide open spaces S. Dakota, Wyoming,
and Colorado (also New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas, but they are a little
different when it comes to photographs.)  Part of my film has already
been developed.

The first thing I noted was the lack of clear blue sky because of the
fires.  I would recommend a higher saturated film than normal if the
fires haven't gone away by then.  The quality of the light and also the
amount shining down on you is affected by the altitude you will be at -
you might just be able to use the ISO 64 film some.  But, the animal
life is often further away than most other areas of the US.  That means
you will need to stalk or use a longer lens than you might be accustomed
to.  Having said that, near Laramie, WY I have walked to within 20 feet
or so of a female elk with it's baby that couldn't smell us because of
the wind conditions.

I used my T4, 24mm/2.8 Zuiko, and a 35-75 Tokina ATX almost exclusively
on this trip and could have left the other equipment home.  Hope these
rambling thoughts are some help.

Gregg

From: mike

| Hi yall,
|
| I've been lurking here for about a year and I must say that the amount
| of information gleened from this list in that time far exceeds what
I've
| taught myself in the last 20 years. But its not just the photographic
| and Oly related subjects that I've benefitted from but also the human
| element that is found on this list. I always admired my teachers that
| could satisfy my need for knowledge and inject humor into the lesson
at
| the same time and that's the way I feel about this list.
|
| Raggitty Ann, bluegrass is not the only weed associated with Kentucky.
| Perhaps you should indulge in this fine state's other herbal offering
| and learn to kickback a little. Life is short and the time it takes to
| press the DEL key is even shorter.
|
| Oly content: I'll be heading to Idaho in a month or so for a 10 day
Elk