Re: [OM] Kentucky for Lex

Subject: Re: [OM] Kentucky for Lex
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 22:27:21 GMT
Hey, Mike,

As the unofficial, self-appointed travel director for the OM list, may I suggest the following for your upcoming trip to Fort Worth...

;^)

Seriously, tho', as a sometime hunter myself (haven't tried bowhunting yet tho'), I'd want to keep it light. Whether you need a tele in the 200 or 300 range depends on whether you'll be stalking or working from a stand.

Kiron lenses generally are well regarded, but it's best to stick with what you're familiar with unless there's time to test those lenses before your trip.

Being a minimalist I'd tend to choose the 24/2.8 for scenics, the 50/1.4 for low light and all 'round stuff, and the Viv Ser-1 70-210 for wildlife stuff. Or, I might choose the 300 or 400 and leave the zoom behind. Sure, it may limit framing, but imagine the possibilities for dramatic shots. If I was comfortable with the reliability of the camera I'd take just one body, and maybe a P&S as a backup. But that's just me.

The main thing is the experience of being there. Enjoy and bring back some pix.

Lex
===