Re: [OM] [OT] From a booth in the back

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] From a booth in the back
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 05:07:12 GMT
Cozy analogy, Charles. I think one reason that list regulars tend to drift OT or discuss photography in general rather than OM-specific topics is because folks like Hans, Gary Reese and many others have created websites of such incredible technical value that it's often easier to simply refer folks to those sites rather than re-discuss them onlist.

So the list tends to be conversational in nature, with folks relating opinions on gear and techniques. Best of all, this list has some of the most gregarious people online anywhere - and from all over the world.

I've seen other forums that more strictly regulate participation to stay on topic. They tend to die of boredom and starvation.

Lex
===