[OM] [OT] From a booth in the back

Subject: [OM] [OT] From a booth in the back
From: Charles Packard <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:16:28 -0500
To everybody on the list -
I don't participate much in the list. I have the type of personality that just
happy sitting in the corner of a dimly lit bar, sipping my brew, occasionally
attempting some low light photography with my OM, watching life as it happens. I
have been a member of this list for going on two years now. In the beginning
like some of you I was expecting hard core tech talk about Olympus and Zuiko
period. I quickly learned that this list in particular is a community made up of
people from all walks of life and degrees of expertise in the subject of
Olympus, Zuiko and photography. It like a bar in that sense, people come people
go. Those that stick around awhile discuss things mostly related to Olympus and
photography. But like any good ongoing conversation the subject drifts. But
somebody new will come along with a question or a regular will come back from a
photo expedition or maybe has a problem she/he needs a little help with and the
conversation drifts back. And yes, like any good bar the occasional brouhaha
(fight). Being a member of only a couple of other lists, this one is really the
best. I come home from work and its here I go to first and its here I stay the
longest. The knowledge I've sucked up just sitting in my corner, OM
peculiarities, lighting techniques, lens and film choices for different
situations, learning of places I one day hope to get to see is just amazing and
the list goes on. So, just realize your among friends here so kick back with
your favorite beverage listen and join in a conversation or start one of your
own. And if you ever feel need to leave that's fine, we'll still be here to
welcome you back.
- Heading back to my corner booth.
 Charles Packard
 Birmingham Al USA