[OM] Has Tom S. been to Paris?

Subject: [OM] Has Tom S. been to Paris?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:40:58 +0200 (CEST)
Hiya all,

I went - triggered by the need for a polarizing-filter - to the
"photo-district" of Paris. Well, it's not really a district, rather a
street (near Bastille - for those who know Paris a bit) where there are a
fair number of photo-shops quite close.

I decribed that street earlier on the list: lots of special shops (for
Leica, for medium format etc.) and lots of second-hand gear in different
places. Last time I went there, I saw plenty of Olympus-gear in one
shop. They had roughly half a window full (no, there were no 40mm pancake
lenses among - someone asked me that and then I lost the email thus
couldn't reply). Yet this time, the very same shot had 3 OM10's and a few,
fairly std., lenses (35mm, 50/1.8), a single BG2 and a Winder2.

So my guess is, that either Tom (yes, you!) have been on a secret vacation
here in Paris recently - or he has a(n unknown?) twin-brother in Paris,
who shares his addiction. In any case, some zuikoholic(s ?) has been
wondering off with quite a set: if I remember correctly, there were both
an auto-bellow, an (overpriced?) 35mm shift and various other goodies,
including some nice (but older) bodies.

(Tom, I hope you don't mind being (ab)used like this, but it does sound
like something you have pulled off at some point in the past....)

Mange hilsner / Sincerely

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering