Re: [OM] Night Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Night Photography
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:44:01 -0600
On 21 Aug 2000, at 14:46, RobBurn@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Oh, oh, Chris:
>
> That does it. Dig out the wallet. I'll bet that Joel's enhancement has
> hooked you on another Zuiko-related quest for product. Guess it's PhotoShop
> for sure now. I take it you already have the computer and scanner. Soon you
> too can make Zuiko shots which rival your example.

Actually, Robert, after much thought and careful consideration, I've
decided that the *real* problem is that I'm not shooting with the right
equipment!  In order to get better night shots, I'll need:

__ OM-4Ti
__ Zuiko 18mm f/3.5
__ Zuiko 50mm f/1.2
__ Zuiko 50mm f/2 Macro (for that night macro stuff!)
__ Zuiko 90mm f/2 Macro (more night macro stuff!)
__ Zuiko 180mm f/2
__ Zuiko 250mm f/2
__ Zuiko 350mm f/2.8 (just in case)
__ Zuiko  1000mm f/11 (also just in case)
__ Zuiko 35-80mm f/2.8
__ Zuiko 24mm f/3.5 Shift (for those night architectural shots)
__ Auto Bellows 36-198 (more night macro stuff)
__ T8 Ring Flash 2 (with reflector, of course!)
__ Power Pack 6V (for the Ring Flash)
__ Motor Drive 2 (to stop action on those night macro shots!)
__ Power Pack for Motor Drive 2
__ Complete 250 Film Back System
(changing film in the dark it a b*tch!)

Of course, there's NO way I can afford any of that stuff.  SO I'm relying
on all my fellow Zuikohobbiest to pitch in and donate one item each.
Come on, gang!  One MEASELY little item!  It's NOT like I'm asking for
ALOT, and I know that there's lotsa you out there who have equipment
to spare!  No names mentioned (but their initials are TS, LJ, JH, etc.).
You KNOW who you are!

So, just check the box (or boxes) above for which item(s) you're willing
to send to the "Help Chris Take Better Night Photos Fund" and e-mail a
reply to mailto:coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx so I can send you shipping
instructions.

Thanks, gang, for everyone who contributes!  The rest of ya are a bunch
of stingy Zuikoholics...  NOT Zuikohobbiest like myself and those who
contribute!

Looking forward to many speedy responses....

Chris