RE: [OM] How to question to the group

Subject: RE: [OM] How to question to the group
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:00:46 +0800
George wrote:

> While I haven't done it yet myself, others who have told me
> to definitely
> back-light  it and place a "diffuser", something like a white
> sheet between
> the window and the lights. Velvia or Ultra 50 (prints) is the
> film to use for
> saturated, almost "bigger than life" colors.

Actually, I would adopt the *complete opposite* in the choice of film.  A
stained class window presents the same problems as duping a transparency,
most have a very wide tonal range and to retain the subtleties in the glass
work you need a *low* contrast film, so Astia would be a better choice than
Velvia, but something even lower in contrast (?) would probably be better.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/