RE: [OM] How to question to the group

Subject: RE: [OM] How to question to the group
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:45:18 +0800
Greg wrote:

I'm interested in getting opinions on the best way to photograph stained
glass windows. Should I light them from the back (through the window) or
from the front? I have access to a pair of portrait lights and two
Photofloods. Anyone have any suggestions?

 I would have thought it was pretty obvious that you light them from the
back (opposite side to the camera), ever tried looking at a transparency by
reflected light ?

Seriously though, you need *even* illumination, which implies a *diffuse*
light source.  Overcast daylight gives you diffuse light and I have heard of
people hanging white material between the light source and the window to
further diffuse the light.

How big are the windows ?  Are they installed in a building or can you move
them around ?

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/