Re: [OM] Re: HiFi

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: HiFi
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:51:05 GMT
Badda-Bing! My thoughts exactly, Simon. And I agree, the philosophy applies to most of our loves/hobbies.

My choice of audio components was based solely on my listening preferences. I'm a rock 'n' roll kid and during the '70s few records were particularly demanding of anything except the speakers. Among the exceptions were the first two Fleetwood Mac albums after Lindsey Buckingham joined the band. He and co-producer Richard Daschutt did some amazing things on those records and I wanted to hear them. But the nuances between one symphonic production and another? Sorry, folks, not my bag. Most everything else I listened to, and still do, is old blues and jazz, lo-fi recordings that no amount of remastering or gear can improve. But the *music* still sounds great!

So go my preferences in camera gear. My earliest influences in photography were documentarians and photojournalists, which determined the tools I would choose. It doesn't matter that I cannot reproduce the 'fidelty' of large format film with my 35mm equipment. I'm not after hifi. I'm after hi-impact.

Lex
===