[OM] Re: HiFi (was: something else?)

Subject: [OM] Re: HiFi (was: something else?)
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:31:13 +1000
In the early 1980s I worked with a Norwegian electronics ghru-weenie-guy
who designed a perfect 8 ohm speaker cable based on transmission line
theory (or some such solidly-based-on-fact and not snake oil and wishful
thinking). His only problem was finding a perfect 8 ohm loadspeaker to
plug it into! Seriously. Loudspeakers are far from perfect, their
impedence varies wildly with frequency and phase of the moon.

The product IS the marketing. -- Ben Elton (I forget the book title)

Vaughan