[OM] Re: Scanner woes and lack of them on Apple Mac

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner woes and lack of them on Apple Mac
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:40:49 -0400
I'm afraid I just couldn't bring myself around to using a Mac.  I tried
using my daughter's Mac (which I bought for her) but found it to be
non-intuitive.  But then, I've used PC's for the past 18 years, spent 10
years in PC operating system development and have been building (and
rebuilding) my own PC's from parts for the past 12 years.  In all that
time I've never before  personally encountered a hardware/software
incompatibility problem in production equipment like the one I mentioned
here.

Besides, if I had to pay Mac prices I wouldn't be able to afford so many
OM's  :)

Hilary said:
And these sort of troubles are exactly why I wouldn't use a PC but
rather an
Apple Mac system. Apple Macs have occasional system problems just like
other
computers but because the specs are much more carefully tied down I can
almost always just plug a new scanner, hard drive or CD writer in. And
there's never any silly arcane commands to learn!