RE: [OT] hifi was:[OM] Lens Test

Subject: RE: [OT] hifi was:[OM] Lens Test
From: "John Cwiklinski/Beaverton/Contr/IBM" <johncw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:20:34 -0700
Continued off-topic:

Chill out Michael (I guess I should say the same thing to myself!).

The original comparison was Olympus to audio components. Whether you like
it or not, Olympus is not high-end, therefore, in the audio world neither
is Pioneer, Marantz, etc. (and all the others that were massed produced in
the late '70's and '80's). Since stereo's or hi-fi's are now 99 0igital,
it really makes no difference what name is on the front.

The claim that "most Pioneer components (pre-amps, amps, equalizers) are
still around" is based on a respected periodical "Stereo Review" which
actually did a study a couple of years ago. Do I call or write people
around the world asking them what they prefer to use or still use? Don't
think it's practical.

So when people make claims about non-linear hardware subcomponents, they
also need to back their claims up. I have the upmost respect for John H.
when it comes to cameras.

Let's all send Jim Timpe a personal message for starting this one!