RE: [OT] hifi was:[OM] Lens Test

Subject: RE: [OT] hifi was:[OM] Lens Test
From: "Michael Stephens" <mike1964@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 20:06:44 -0500
OK - Lex. Here goes:

Audio Research SP3-A1 Gold -  classic tube preamp; great phono stage.
Introduced shortly after the original OM-1, so it coincidentally is from the
same era.  Audio Research is a USA manufacturer of high-end audio
components, based in Minnesota.  Gold refers to the gold faceplate version -
very desirable.
Audio Research D76 Gold - classic tube amplifier, same era as the preamp.
Rega Planar 3, but Planar 25 on the way - English turntable (plays LPs, for
the youngsters on the list)
Dynavector 10x4 Mk 2 cartridge (sweet!) - Japanese phono cartridge,
excellent quality for the dollar
Audio Alchemy DDS 1 Transport - CD transport (separate "turntable" for
playing CDs)
Monarchy/Stan Warren Model 33B DAC - digital/analog converter, for
converting the signal from the CD transport; modified by Stan Warren with
upgraded output stage
DCM Time Windows - transmission line speakers
Nakamichi deck - cassette deck
Denon Tuner - am/fm tuner
DH Labs Silver Sonic cable and interconnect, with WBT RCAs - silver/copper
interconnect cable, to connect components to the pre-amp, and the pre-amp to
the amplifier, and the amplifier to the speakers - basically all the wire in
the system.  German-made RCA plugs, very high quality gold-plated plugs
Monarchy Power Cables - high quality copper AC cables to connect to the wall
AC source

This may or may not help, but it is an affliction as bad if not worse than
Zuikoholism......now you understand, right?

Mike