Re: [OM] Shipping costs ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Shipping costs ?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:45:04 -0600
At 10:17 AM 8/17/2000 +0100, you wrote:
>Keith
>Where do you get International Money Orders from in the UK now as the Post
>Office have stopped doing them? I certainly find that sending small amounts
>of cash is fine but recently had a bad experience with a recorded letter to
>the US being opened and a $100 dollar bill being removed. And you can't
>register mail to the US either. Western Union is an alternative I sometimes
>use though not everybody likes it and it is fairly expensive.

If the U.K.'s like Canada, any large reputable bank (I know, an oxymoron)
should be able to sell you a Money Order in various international currencies.
Also, I've had good luck with American Express and Thomas Cook offices (the
latter being the only place I was able to find Israeli New Shekels [no M.O.,
unfortunately -- just cash, but it was better than nothing when I was doing one
international transaction]).  The Post Office is *not* your only option in this
multi-national high-finance world!  ;-)

Garth