Re: [OM] Tamron 70-120 f/4-5.6 Adaptall - any info

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 70-120 f/4-5.6 Adaptall - any info
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 01:16:33 GMT
Don't forget that German tests include a category for factors that don't quite translate into English but which are best summarized as quirkiness. (Factors include "utilitarian design" as opposed to "ergonomic design," translating into "how well the user adapts to the device.") A lens rating low in quirkiness loses points. If the mini-Tamron was heavier, of a two-touch design, required a larger, clunkier adaptall mount, or could be depended on to reliably destroy that delicate button on the OM-4 mount, it would rank higher.

Lex
===