Re: [OT] hifi was:[OM] Lens Test

Subject: Re: [OT] hifi was:[OM] Lens Test
From: BriarPipes@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:11:52 EDT
Craig:

As a fellow audiophile, please allow me to comment on the term "HiFi."  This
term actually became popular in the 50s, although in the late 50s "stereo"
began to replace the word "HiFi".  Audio Magazine, good or bad, is recently
deceased, its publisher having given up on it.  Incidentally, the first
demonstration of "stereo" was in 1933, at the Bell Telephone Labs.

Jim Lawson

>>Perfectly good term back in the mono
days of yore -- when Audio was a real magazine and RTV News always had
something interesting from Bert Whyte.  When we wnt to stereo in the 50's I
thought the term "HiFi" became obsolete,, and was replaced by "Stereo".<<