Re: [OM] Doubler to reach out and touch someone or thing.

Subject: Re: [OM] Doubler to reach out and touch someone or thing.
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:50:39 -0500 (CDT)
I have both a 2X adaptor (2 of them, one Zuiko and one Tokina), and a
Tokina 500/8 mirror lens.

Neither gets a lot of use, but when I use them, I get shots I
couldn't get any other way.

If you can live with the funky bokeh (some people LOVE my 500 shots
just for those donuts), a 500 mirror is light, easy to use, and can
be thrown in a lightweight kit without taking up a ton of space.

The 2X, similarly, is a great addition to a light & small kit, and
used with a nice prime can deliver some nice shots up to a reasonable
enlargement.

If I had to pick one or the other, I'd probably opt for the 2x, but
neither is so expensive as to preclude owning both.

BBB

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:22:16 EDT, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I had inquired about a 500 mm mirror lenses and there seems to be a consensus
>developing that many just don't use them that much.  How about using a
>doubler to extend the range of some of my existing lenses, i.e., 135 mm 2.8,
>75-150 4.0 or the 65-200mm?  I know this not going to get me to 500 mm and it
>would get me to many places in between that the fixed 500 mm won't.  So I
>guess the real question is "If I'm not going to be using it everyday, would a
>doubler for my existing lenses not give somewhat satisfactory results?"  The
>next question would be, "Would anything other than a Zuiko do the job."  What
>a silly question to ask a bunch of Zuikoheads!
-
B.B. Bean                                       bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bean & Bean Cotton Co/Bean Farms                http://www.beancotton.com
Peach Orchard, MO