Re: [OM] Doubler to reach out and touch someone or thing.

Subject: Re: [OM] Doubler to reach out and touch someone or thing.
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 02:41:31 GMT
Since the Zuiko teleconverters are rather expensive new and both relatively expensive and scarce used, I'd recommend the Vivitar 2x macro focusing teleconverter without hesitation. Keep in mind I'm specifically recommending the *macro-focusing* converter - a 7 element converter that has produced excellent results for me. I have no experience with Vivitar's other converters. The macro-focusing converter is commonly available for $50-75, and adds the utility of making a 50/1.4 or 50/1.8 normal lens into a 100/2.8 or 100/3.6 tele-macro lens capable of 1:1 magnification. It's probably Vivitar's single best optical product.

Another advantage: Vivitar's macro-focusing converter works well with *every* lens I've tried it on, from 28mm to 300mm. There's no problem with elements from one interfering with the other. And, remarkably, my tests demonstrate very satisfactory flat field results even when the macro-focusing convertor is combined with wide angle lenses!

Lex
===