Re: [OM] Tamron Mount

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Mount
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:22:38 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000 jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I recently bought a Tamron 90SP/2.5.

Nice lens.

> But I intended it all along for my Oly system.  Does
> anyone have a spare Adaptall 2 mount you'd be willing to sell?  I know
> there's one on eBay now, if it's not already sold, but it's the earlier
> mount.
> John (sans Oly mount) P

I recently acquired a Tamron 135/2.5 with a Nikon adaptall 2.  I took it
to my regular camera shop and asked if he had an OM mount and if he'd be
willing to do some sort of trade.  He was quite happy to do a straight
swap.  If you have any other Tamrons that you use with your Nikon
system, you could just share a mount between them and see if you can
trade the other mount for an OM one.  Or just accept that you'll never
use the lens with your Nikon and do the trade anyway.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |