[OM] OM1 shutter problem

Subject: [OM] OM1 shutter problem
From: "David Bembo" <Bembo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:11:24 GMT0BST
My OM1 has recently developed an odd problem. On some shots
(but not all)  the shutter seems to fire but then sticks halfway, with
the mirror locked up. When I then wind on to the next frame
(manually, no power winder or m/drive) the shutter completes its
motion and the mirror drops back down. On these occasions the
photographs show that the exposure is actually taken at when the
film is wound on, and not when the shutter release is depressed.
The exposure on these frames is fine - but the subject matter
depends where the camera was pointing when the film was wound
on!

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Dave