[OM] OM40 problems

Subject: [OM] OM40 problems
From: "Simon E" <ruralwales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 07:43:36 GMT
Can anyone shed any light on this?

I have bought a very 'low mileage' OM40, but a few problems have surfaced:

1. shutter stays open for many seconds, even minutes on auto/program.

2. shutter speed indicated in viewfinder jumps between 1/8 and >1sec, can't get it to indicate the speeds in between.

3. slow shutter speeds drag noticeably.

Is this baby worth fixing? I doubt it, unless someone knows that it is "the xxx which is easily repaired". Just thought I'd ask in case there was anyone with knowledge of these symptoms.

Simon E.