Re: [OM] Response to question on third party lenses - further thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] Response to question on third party lenses - further thoughts
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 21:03:58 +0800
-----Original Message-----
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 10:08:19AM +0800, C.H.Ling wrote:
>> We did a side to side comparison between Zuiko 18 and Tamron SP17 two
>> months ago, Tamron won the light fall off and Zuiko clearly won the
>> edge resolution. At the same time we also did some side to side
>> comparison between Zuiko and Minolta on 35/1.8 (35/2), 50/1.4 and
>> 50/3.5 shooting at a sunny day with same objects, the result was
>> un-expected, it was hard to tell the different between the two in
>> terms of color and resolution.
>>
>What result was expected ? Which appertures were used( sunny day) ?
>When stopped down, it is hard to find differences between lenses.
>
>Frieder Faig

Due to the low shutter speed of both Minolta XD and the OM4 we can only use
F4 as the widest aperture. I know when lens stop down it is not easy to find
the different in resolution. I expected there will be some different found
in color balance, this easily happen in many third party lenses. (of course
we shot the same batch of slide and process at the same lab.)

On the other hand it is easy to distinguish the Tamron 17 and Zuiko 18,
Zuiko clearly won the edge resolution.

C.H.Ling