Re: [OM] Rokunar winders

Subject: Re: [OM] Rokunar winders
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 17:08:30 EDT

> >I'd like to get a winder or motor drive as well.  I've seen a few
>  >aftermarket winders on Ebay, the most promising being one manufactured by
>  >Rokunar.  I searched the archives, but there's only one mention of them.

I have an aftermarket winder that works fine.  The only caveat is that it
doesn't have the mini plug for remote operation. This means you won't be able
to plug it into the Bournce Grip 2 handle for the T-32 flash.  The BG2 or BG1
gets in the way of the shutter release and require a finger contortionist to
operate easily.  Also it would be more difficult to do remote triggering
electrically. And, last thing, it doesn't have a spot to store the motor
drive cover.

Warren