Re: [OM] Aftermarket Super Wide and 500mm mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] Aftermarket Super Wide and 500mm mirror
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 19:18:40 -0500
On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 10:56:58PM +0000, Lex Jenkins wrote:
> Since mirror lenses ain't very popular I've noticed than even the big name
> glass, like Canon's FD 500/8, often goes for reasonable money - like $300 or
> less.

I have a Celestron 300/5.6 that I love...little bitty lens (not as long
overall as the 90/2.5 Tamron, and takes a 67mm front filter), name
manufacturer, good quality, and didn't cost me an arm and a leg. (My fuzzy
memory says $150 or so.)

This one's even nicer for general use because you don't have to back off as
far (though, correspondingly, you don't get quite as much induces haze that
way, if that's what you're looking for).