Re: [OM] OT ebay auction ethics

Subject: Re: [OM] OT ebay auction ethics
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 06:18:51 -0500
Cc: <ruralwales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Well,  to be honest you're kind of stuck.  Making a 'big bid' to what you
are willing to pay is a long-shot, as someone that is willing to pay $5 more
will outbid you at the end.  Making the seller a private offer is ok, but an
even longer shot. If you're willing to pay it, others probably are too, so
what's the point of selling it to you.  If the seller is patient, it will
probably go higher.  They have risk, of course, but not that much.

If you do this often, consider a sniping program running on your work
computer that will make that last bid for you.  You don't run up the auction
with an early bid and you can 'get in at the end'.  I use Cricker Jr, which
was recommended by another list member.  Cheap and easy.

http://www.worldint.com/journeys/eccles/cricketjr/support.html

no connection, etc.

Tom