Re: [OM] shutter curtain

Subject: Re: [OM] shutter curtain
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:48:08 -0700
Hi Ruediger:

I think the best source of opinion on reliability between makes are
veteran repair technicians who handle a variety of cameras. Ask around
and report back to us.

It sure seems to me that the shutters on professional level Nikons are
of the utmost quality. Some of the shutters don't even have places to
make adjustments (as if none would ever be needed)?

Single digit OM shutters get a bit flakey over time at their fastest
speeds. If one starts tweaking the fastest shutter speeds, other
tolerances have a tendency to go out of wack.

I can't see any truth to Nikon lenses having more reliable diaphragm
lubrication than Zuikos. It is how they are mistreated that counts.
Super heat them in the summer sun and they will all go bad.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV