Re: [OM] shutter curtain

Subject: Re: [OM] shutter curtain
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:39:12 -0400
Early F2 prduction was prone to ripping the titanium curtains out of the
bar, or coming unglued from the inner roller (that's right, as with
silk/rubber OM curtains, the mighty nikon titanium curtains are glued in
with pliobond, or the Japanese equivalent).  The mind set is that metal
shutter curtains MUST be better than silk/rubber.  Not true. Both types have
their own set of problems.  Titanium shutters are noisier by comparison,
that's for sure.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714