Re: [OM] Pittsburgh, Pensylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Pittsburgh, Pensylvania
From: "Paul Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:48:02 -0500 (CDT)

> Here's how I found out about Pittburgh Camera Exchange on eBay.  Several

> I also noticed the other day that they listed a Kiron 70-150 in OM mount
> with a minimum bid of $229.  There was a minty one that sold not too
> long ago for $36.50.

They just had an XA-2 for $242 starting bid. What is the point of that
listing? In the past (I've heard, without prejudice) they've set a reasonable
starting price, but a high reserve, then called emailed bidders to haggle.
(Haggling mainly consisting of trying to get them to buy at the reserve.)
This saves on ebay fees.

BTW they are trying to sell a 40/PC everready case last time I looked.

Paul