Re: [OM] Pittsburgh, Pensylvania

Subject: Re: [OM] Pittsburgh, Pensylvania
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 06:47:32 -0400
Here's how I found out about Pittburgh Camera Exchange on eBay.  Several
months ago they listed a NIB everready case for the OM-PC/40.  There was
no reserve and no bid other than pghamex's own minimum bid of $9.99.  I
put in a bid of $9.99 and was the winner by virtue of there being not a
single other bid.  Apparently, everready cases are not in high demand by
OM-PC owners.

After about 3 days I was finally contacted by pghamex and informed that
they had accidentally destroyed the merchandise by cutting open a larger
carton that it was stored in.  I inquired as to why the item they were
planning to sell and which had just been photographed for eBay was
stored in a sealed carton.  Silly me, I didn't realize it was to protect
it from dust.

Then, about 6 weeks later, what should appear on eBay again but the same
photo with another ad for an everready case for the OM-PC.  Only this
time there was a reserve on it.  So, I fired off a note to pghamex
asking them to honor my original winning bid.  I got a reply that this
ad was clearly a mistake on their part since they didn't have an OM-PC
case in the store.  The next day the ad disappeared.

I also noticed the other day that they listed a Kiron 70-150 in OM mount
with a minimum bid of $229.  There was a minty one that sold not too
long ago for $36.50.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

Gary Reese said:
The latest issue of Photo Marketing magazine has a feature on two
Pittsburg camera dealers and talks about the camera museum run by
Bernie's Photo. They are a.k.a. Pittsburg Camera Exchange (pghcamex) on
eBay, with one of the worst Feedback charts around for photographic
equipment sellers (note I didn't say "score").