RE: [OM] In need of a second OM Body + more accurate metering....

Subject: RE: [OM] In need of a second OM Body + more accurate metering....
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 12:59:38 -0500
With the OM1 and spot meter, you still have one minor limitation - extremely
precise exposure control - although this is not often significant.

The auto-exposure  cameras can theoretically give you 'perfect' exposure
with  their unlimited selection of shutter speeds (in an 'auto'mode). With
an OM-1, although the meter acts like shutter speeds are infinitely
controllable, I think they are only changeable in one-stop increments. The
aperture is infinitely  controllable, but knowing exactly  where you are
between detents would not be precise.

I'll admit this is rarely significant in the 'real world' though.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx