Re: [OM] OM-1 cleaning information requested / Gunk in viewfinder

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 cleaning information requested / Gunk in viewfinder
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:34:23 EDT
Hi John,
Thanks for your (and Tom's, and Chuck's) reply to my question about the
OM-G's wind problem I had. After working the wind about 50 times ( and
slapping the baseplate on my open hand) the problem (at least for now) is
gone. I suspect it's a piece of dirt that's now dislodged, or something like
that. I have a test roll in the camera now, and after it's done I'll remove
the baseplate and see what I can clean/see what falls out. (Dirt I hope, NOT
parts!).
As for your advice to us, John, I believe you are phrasing your replies
perfectly, with not too much step-by-step info because then you'll sound like
you're endorsing someone's attempts at repair, and when something goes sour
he'll blame you, I'm sure! Maybe you should add a disclaimer to your
signature, tho. We could have a contest for the disclaimer-
" Boys and Girls, don't try this at home, I'm a professional."
Ken, Gary, Olafo, what do you think???
(or maybe a contest is not such a good idea!)

Thanks
George S.