Re: [OM] an old fantasy (Now Colorama)

Subject: Re: [OM] an old fantasy (Now Colorama)
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:43:23 -0400
Cc: siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The early Coloramas came from 8x20 in. negatives. As film quality increased, the source shrunk to 35mm.

Some results of my searches:

1. A great "Photo Techniques" article from a man who wrote the book on the Colorama history.

http://www.phototechmag.com/previous-articles/may-kerr.htm

2. Here's what Kodak's site says

                From 1950 through 1990, Kodak exhibited a grand
                total of 565 18-feet-tall by 60-feet-wide backlit
                color transparencies on the east balcony of New
                York's Grand Central Terminal. Originally designed to
                showcase the beauty and brilliance of Kodak's color
                film, the display, called "Colorama," quickly became
                a cultural institution.

Skip