Re: [OM] Newbie comments

Subject: Re: [OM] Newbie comments
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 20:58:35 PDT
Ellis, I wouldn't worry about getting into the OM system. New Olympus SLRs and lenses *are* still available. My main gear is Canon FD and those bodies and lenses have been out of production for many years. I added an OM-1 for the quality, access to macro lenses, and value. Zuiko lenses, new and used, are comparable in price to anything else on the market. If anything prices of Canon FD lenses, particularly L-series glass, have increased out of proportion to their quality.

Lex
===

From: Island335@xxxxxxx

However, he had two caveats: 1) the OM equipment is surprisingly costly, much more than similar vintage Canon, Minolta or even Nikon; 2) he is worried about the increasing age of the line...

Ellis