[OM] Newbie comments

Subject: [OM] Newbie comments
From: Island335@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 16:12:55 EDT
Hello all:
I am new to this list,  The reason I have subscribed is that I just returned
from a photo expedition to the UK.  The group consisted of 8 members plus a
leader/instructor.  The 8 clients were almost all using very modern
equipment: Canon or Nikon autofocus with all the goodies including image
stabilization lenses.  The leader, on the other hand, was using an OM2 with
three lenses(no winder, no flash).  I was amazed at how light the camera  was
and of course, he raved about the quality of the pictures.  However, he had
two caveats: 1) the OM equipment is surprisingly costly, much more than
similar vintage Canon, Minolta or even Nikon; 2) he is worried about the
increasing age of the line and he foresees that day when he will be forced to
change to a current system because it will get to be too difficult to get
reliable OM stuff.  I'd be interested in the reaction of this group. Also in
any basic opinions about the best bodies and lenses and best sources.
Ellis