Re: [OM] Favorite targets

Subject: Re: [OM] Favorite targets
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:14:00 PDT
Funny you should mention this, Joe, because while Texas usually delivers some dramatic clouds in summer I seldom am conscious of them when taking photographs. I'll admit this has been a weakness in many of my photographs.

But a year or so ago I took a few photographs just of a cloud formation because of the way it caused the sunlight to literally form rays or beams that projected outward. The photos turned out very well. Unfortunately they're on slides and I don't have a film scanner yet. However I do have a cheapo Vivitar slide printer, so perhaps I can use it. Anyway, they were taken with a Ca-not-an-OM, so perhaps I'll wait 'til the next sky drama unfolds.

Lex
===

From: Joe Sutherland <joesutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

My favorite is clouds, especially cirrus.  My dissertation in graduate
school 32 years ago was related to cloud physics and I've never
lost that interest.  I've found that spot metering is necessary for a
good cloud exposure, so I use both an OM-4T and an OM-2000
(to keep this at least slightly on-topic).