Re: [OM] Flash for novices <shooting shows>

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash for novices <shooting shows>
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:38:57 EDT
>I'll jump, whether you want me to or not <g>.
>
>Of course, the high dollar lenses, such as the 180/2 would be perfect,
but I
>tend to knock them out of the way quickly.  Some of this clearly
depends on
>your budget, but one fine lens to consider, pricey still at around
$500, is
>the 180/2.8.  Pretty fast for a telephoto, pretty small for its speed,
I've
>used it for several of my kids events and like it a lot. You still
need to
>be fairly close to the stage for any face closeups, but 'stage size'
shots
>are good from a distance. Pair it up with Fuji 800 or even Fuji 1600
and
>you're all set.

This whole conversation seems to me to be moot in view of the fact
that, at least here in the States, there's no way in hell that you
would be allowed to even bring a camera to any kind of traveling
performance with national or even regional scope. I don't think that
even the local community theater allows cameras during performances.
And flash is always verboten. Unless you are shooting your kids at a
school event, I don't see the point of even thinking about this.....

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright