Re: : Re: [OM] Re: gaps in OM lens lines

Subject: Re: : Re: [OM] Re: gaps in OM lens lines
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:53:21 PDT
Oddly enough, Ray, I inadvertently found just such a site the other day while trying to find Vivitar's web site.

Try this: if you use "Vivitar" as a search term, most search engines will turn up some porn sites within the first page or two of hits.

I kid you not. Apparently they've copped some common photo-related terms and included them in a string of words and phrases on the home page, designed to increase hits.

Sherry Monarko, web goddess of Maximum PC magazine, is right. There is virtually nothing you can do that's guaranteed to avoid getting porn sites included in a search. You name it, whatever the search term, some genius has figured out a way to link it to a porn site.

Lex
(I might be wrong about the necrophilia. I didn't want to look *that* closely.)

From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>

Lex wrote:
If anybody knows of a place where dead horses are flogged please notify
me ASAP.  I feel another TOPE project coming on...