RE: [OM] [OT] Need some simple (?) repair advice

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Need some simple (?) repair advice
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:31:58 +0200
Don't know about JB Weld, but a conducting glue seems the way to go here.
If you have the space to do so, drill a whole and loop the wire a few times
through it, apply the glue and let dry under tension so that several
strands of the wire are in direct contact with the negative contact. This
might even work with non-conductive glue, but conductive is better.
I believe the CDS cell has fairly high resistanse compared to the glue so
drilling is not totally nessessary. Just make sure you have a large contact
area between glue and steel, it will make a better electrical *and*
mechanical connection.

Regards,
th-OM-as