Re: [OM] [OT] Need some simple (?) repair advice

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Need some simple (?) repair advice
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:49:53 -0400
I use Mill Rose soldering paste on the battery contacts.  All old solder
must be filed off first, then filed and cleaned with alcohol.  Apply paste,
heat  @ 750 degrees, TRY to solder.  Clean again, reapply paste, reheat &
apply solder.  I usually get a small blob of solder to hold on the second
attempt.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714