Re: [OM] Oly rep speaks about future offerings...

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly rep speaks about future offerings...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:28:57 EDT
hopi@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> At my local pro camera shop, I bumped into the Olympus sales rep.

Wow! I thought he was in the witness-protection program for the past 10 years!

Seriously, someone reported here a while ago that an Olympus rep or something
told them that the reason the OM line wasn't already discontinued was Olympus
felt that remaining in the "film" SLR market added credibility to the company
and hence aided their sales of digital cameras. With IMO, Olympus' near
dominance of the digital market, I thought the end may be approaching... But,
IF the standard lenses will fit to a future digicam, then I don't see the
line disappearing anytime soon. Oh well, more conflicting signals from
Olympus, what else is new? I know the OM line is a microscopically small part
of Olympus Worldwide, but it seems to me that someone with even less
intelligence than Koko (apologies to Koko) is running the show on the OM side
of things... I can hear the head guy thinking now...
" I have this moron of a son-in-law that I have to find a place for in this
company...  mmmmm.... how much can he screw up the OM line? ! Perfect !
He'll be there Monday! "

George S.