Re: [OM] Metering with a polarizing filter...

Subject: Re: [OM] Metering with a polarizing filter...
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:00:20 +0100 (BST)
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> However I am sure that the collective knowledge and reasoning of the
> list-members may contain some valueable input on this. So what are the
> general experiences when using a hand-held meter + (various) filters (for
> now, mainly pol-filters)?
>
> Thanks in advance.

ISTR That your shiny new Sekonic, like my Gossen has a little trick
whereby you take a light reading of an evenly illuminated subject, then
take another one through your filters and it will calculate the filter
factor and apply it to subsequent readings without the filter.  For the
polariser, I guess you'd have to rotate it until you get maximum sky
darkness (or minimal surface reflection or whatever you're using the
thing for) before taking the through-the-filter measurement.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |