Re: [OM] Stiff lens mount?

Subject: Re: [OM] Stiff lens mount?
From: Alasdair Mackintosh <Alasdair.Mackintosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:35:33 +0000
John Hermanson wrote:

> A lose screw on either mount could make things tighter (head ticking above
> the surface plane, rubbing against mount as you turn), springs behind mount
> are arched too high, or one of the flanges on the lens is bent.

It turned out to be the springs. I took the mount off, and noticed that the
springs had a noticeable arch to them, and signs of wear where the lans bayonets
would have rubbed on them.

I flattened out the springs (which seemed to bend fairly easily) and the mount
is nice and free now. Possibly a bit too loose, but I can always bend things
back again.

Thanks,

Alasdair