Re: [OM] Re: ES-10 (was OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ES-10 (was OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:31:16 PDT
Well, so far all the negative (pardon my pun) comments I've read about the ES-10 have to do with the software not the quality of the hardware and optics, which are reportedly quite good. And while the HP PhotoSmart and Canoscan 2710 have solid followings, they are more expensive. On my budget even an extra hundred bucks is a big deal. That could buy me a bigger hard drive which I also desperately need. I'm huffing along now on a 1GB and a 500MB HD.

Lex

----Original Message Follows----
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Lex,
Even die-hard OM guys on this list have dissed the ES-10, so I would run not walk away from it. You're a Canon guy. How about the FS2710?