Re: [OM] Re: ES-10 (was OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ES-10 (was OT: Vuescan 6.0 Beta 17)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 20:19:29 -0500
I concur on the Scanwit.  I had one and liked it a lot (once I got past some
minor installation challenges, mostly user error).  In fact, through a
bizarre set of circumstances where I am having challenges returning it, I
suppose I'd sell the brand-new one sitting on my desk for what I paid for it
(right at $400).  If anyone is interested, let me know.

Tom

> Yo,
>
> on Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:31:16 PDT, Lex Jenkins wrote:
>
> >optics, which are reportedly quite good.  And while the HP PhotoSmart and
> >Canoscan 2710 have solid followings, they are more expensive.  On my
budget
> >even an extra hundred bucks is a big deal.  That could buy me a bigger
hard

> Lex,
>
> you might want to have a look at the Acer ScanWit 2720S. Over here, it is
> about 40heaper than the Canon 2710 while IMHO being technically at
least
> on par with it, and beats the HP Photo Smart S20 (which is also more
> expensive, though not as much as the Canon or the Nikon) hands down, not
> mention the ES-10. I have one here and like it a lot; IMHO presently you
> can't get more bang for the buck in a film scanner than with the ScanWit.
It