[OM] Will Oly's new optical image stabilisation system in C-2100UZ be ut

Subject: [OM] Will Oly's new optical image stabilisation system in C-2100UZ be utilized in other cameras?
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:22:54 +0200
As has been reported and discussed here already (thanks to those who
contributed) Oly will release
the new C-2100 Ultra Zoom digital camera in Japan. The German site
digitalkamera.de mention this at
http://www.digitalkamera.de/Info/News/News-en.asp?MIN=0404 ,where it is said
that C-2100UZ is based
on the C-2020Z. They also say that to reduce camera shake the 10x zoom lens is
assisted by an
optical image stabilisation unit. The next sentence is somewhat unclear to me:

--
"We already reported about such a development from Canon (see report of 25th
May 2000); one may

What do they mean? Is Oly's new IS system borrowed from Canon? I know that
Canon use this in some of
their lenses, but do they have a patent license on this system as well? And
above all, will this be
utilized to improve other Oly cameras, and if so which?? Myself I'm thinking of
an iS-4000 with
image stabilisation...  mmm...

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården
http://www.kolmarden.com/

------
A Chinese wise man has said:
"If you speak in disparaging terms about someone it's quite possible that
you say something true about him, but you sure is saying a lot about yourself."
------