RE: [OM] Neverready grip

Subject: RE: [OM] Neverready grip
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:34:04 +0800
Keith wrote:

> I've always felt happier about keeping cameras in their
> e.r.cs while stored
> in cupboards or drawers for protection, but was stricken with
> doubt recently
> when finding an assortment of foreign coins that had been
> left in a leather
> purse for some months. They were all heavily encrusted with
> some kind of
> green algae or verdigris that took some cleaning off. I hope
> I'm right in
> thinking that the tanning process of  leather for camera
> cases is different
> from that for wallets.

I have a nice USofA made pocket knife which also has a nice real leather
case.  In the instructions for this knife it said NOT to store the knife in
the leather case but only to keep it in the case when you are carrying it.
The reason given is to prevent corrosion during storage.

I think this might be a good recommendation for cameras also.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/wayneharridge/