Re: [OM] Re: Macro for OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Macro for OM
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 16:13:56 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2000 8:01 AM

> Ken Norton relieved my macro-anxiety, writing:
> >Best of all, and I just discovered this: It corrects my 100/2.8 to
> flatfieldness!  Wow!  Just using extension tubes alone the 100/2.8 varies
> the focus from center to edge by 2-4mm, but with the closeup adapter lens it
> completely sharpens up the image edge-to-edge.<
>
> Excellent news, Ken, especially since I just acquired one of those close up
> adaptors.  Since I can't afford a 50/3.5 macro right now (a local store
> offered to relieve me of Fat Viv and $175 for one with a slightly oily
> diaphragm - thhbbbbbbptt!) I'm gonna stick with a regular 50/1.8 and the
> close up lens for now.  And I was wondering how it would perform with the
> 100/2.8, since that's on the affordable list.
>
> Now I'm wondering how well the IS/L A-Macro goodie would perform with a
> 35/2.8 for close ups of rock formations and similar not-quite-flat details?
>
> And while I'm wondering, how 'bout combining it with the 70-150/4 zoom?

Hans van Veluwen has some info on these possibilities on his iS page. According
him these iS macro converters can be used with all Zuikos in the 50~250mm
range. He
also says (quoting from the Macro Capabilities section on his iS page at
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm#Macro
             apabili
ties ) :

--
"The macro converters are best combined with standard lenses or tele lenses
that have

Judging from this I don't think either the 35/2.8 or the 75-150/4 zoom would
perform
too well, but if I only had a 55->49 mm step-down ring I would certainly give
it a
try (i.e.combine my 75-150/4 zoom with my iS/L B-Macro converter).

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården
http://www.kolmarden.com/

------
"Die Größe und den moralischen Fortschritt einer Nation kann man
daran messen,  wie sie die Tiere behandelt."
                                                                 - Mahatma
Gandhi
------